How To Integrate Group Leads With Mailchimp
I assume you’ve done two things:
- You’ve installed Group Leads and also set up the google sheet for the group you are working on.
- You’ve set up the three questions users would answer while joining your Facebook group.
The next step you need to take is to integrate Group Leads with Mailchimp. Please, follow these steps:
1) Log into your Mailchimp account and then click on Audience.
2) Then click on “Manage Audience” inverted arrow to pull down the details. Afterwhich, you’ll click “View Audience.”
3) Then click on Create Audience.
4) After you’ve created and named your audience, the next is to click on the inverted arrow after the audience name, then click on settings.
5) You will be taken to this page. Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the Unique id of your audience ID. Open a NotePad application (on windows) or TextEdit (on Mac), then copy the Audience ID in there as shown in the screenshot below.
6) Because it is important for your audience to have a tag, here’s how you can create a tag. Head over to audience, then click on view contact.
7) After which, mark the box in front of the automatically registered email address.
8) The “Add or Remove tag” tab will pop up as shown below. Click on create new tag and hit enter.
9) After creating a tag, the next is to go search for your API Key. First click on your avatar. A drop down will show up, move down to Account, then click.
10) After that, click on Extras, then API Keys.
11) Click on Create A Key if you don’t have already created API key.
12) Once you do that, the key will be displayed for you. Now is the time to open your NotePad (on windows) or TextEdit (on Mac), then copy your API Key in it.
13) Now that you’ve gotten the required details. Let’s go plug it into Group Leads and verify the integration.
Click on the Group Lead icon after your browser address bar. After which you should click on the gear button in front of the Group name that you want to collect email addresses from.
14) Then choose the autoresponder you want to integrate, in this case, Mailchimp. Now click on credentials.
N.B:- Unlike me, ensure that your "Disable Autoresponder" is toggled to "OFF."
15. Open the NotePad (on Windows) or TextEdit (on Mac) that you’ve inputted the collected details. Then place them as appropriate in the Group Leads dialog box.
After that, click Verify and Update.
After this step, you would get a green confirmation message at the top after clicking on verify and update.
You’ve properly configured Mailchimp with your Group Leads account.
Each time you want to approve new members who want to join your group, you need to follow the instruction here so that your leads would always go into the spreadsheet you’ve set up and the emails would go into Mailerlite autoresponder.