How To Integrate Group Leads With Sendgrid
I assume you’ve done two things:
- You’ve installed Group Leads and also set up the google sheet for the group you are working on.
- You’ve set up the three questions users would answer while joining your Facebook group.
The last step you need to take is to integrate Group Leads with Sendgrid. Please, follow these steps:
1) Log into your Sendgrid account and then click on Marketing.
Then, click on Contacts.
2) Then create on create. And choose New List.
3) Name your list. I've named mine as "Facebook Group Members." Then save list.
4) Immediately the list is created. Look at the URL of that page as indicated in the screenshot below, then copy out your list ID. Ensure you have a note-taking app close by, like Notepad (for windows) and TextEdit (for Mac), then copy and paste your List ID in there.
5) Click on settings, then API Keys.
6) Name your API Key. Then click on Create and View.
7) Once you've created your API Key, Open your note-taking app, then copy and paste it in there.
8) Now that you’ve gotten the required details. Let’s go plug it into Group Leads and verify the integration.
Click on the Group Lead icon after your browser address bar. After which you should click on the gear icon in front of the Group name that you want to collect email addresses from.
9) Then choose the autoresponder you want to integrate, in this case, Sendgrid. Now click on credentials.
10) Open the NotePad (on Windows) or TextEdit (on Mac) that you’ve inputed the collected details. Then place them as appropriate in the Group Leads dialog box.
After that, click Verify and Update.
After this step, you would get a green confirmation message at the top after clicking on verify and update.
You’ve properly configured Sendgrid with your Group Leads account.
Each time you want to approve new members who want to join your group, you need to follow the instruction here so that your leads would always go into the spreadsheet you’ve set up and the emails would go into Sendgrid autoresponder.