Why Group Leads may not be working on your browser
If you’re not seeing the red Custom Approve All button on your group request page it means there is an issue with your setup
- If your Facebook account is not in the English Language.
- You turned off Google sync or
- You are not logged into the extension.
Please, check your extension against these Group Leads troubleshooting steps and you will be fine.
There are many scenarios:
- Your Chrome browser is getting time out
- Two cases when you may be logged out of the extension
- When you are not able to approve new members at all
- When you don't see the red button
- When you are seeing the red button but the data is not getting to your Google sheet and or that of your CRM
Please, check the respective section from below:
1. If when you approve all, You get something like the screenshot below:
Here is the solution:
a) Click on the settings
b) In the custom approve first section, select 25.
Refresh your members' request page and then click on approve all button again.
Then the extension will continue to work fine.
2. You added the Group Leads Chrome extension but it's not showing up so you didn't have anywhere to put in your license key?
If this happens, you need to click on the "puzzle icon" at the top right corner of your chrome browser,
then you will see your extension listings.
You need to pin Group Leads and it will show up on your extension tray.
3. When your group settings are not showing up
The solution is to update your version of Group Leads by removing and reinstalling it.
Here is how to do it update Group Leads:
4. When you are logged out of the Group Leads extension
If you are constantly being logged out of the extension, please check the solution from the article below:
5. When you are not able to approve new members at all
a) Uninstall & reinstall the extension
In most cases, this solves the issue.
You need to remove Group Leads and reinstall it.
Here is how to do that:
If you also experience something like the below screenshot, removing and reinstalling solves the problem 100% of the time.
b) Restart your computer
Restart your computer, open the group request page and approve just one person.
c) Clear your browser cache/cookies and then refresh your group request page
When you are not able to approve new members at all, please clear your browser cache and then refresh your group request page.
Then just approve one person and check the google sheet. If it doesn't work, please proceed to step b) below.
d) Conflict with other Facebook extensions e.g. Social Fixer Chrome
5. When you don't see the red button
a) You added the group profile more than once
If you've added your group profile within the extension and then you click on the extension on top of the group you've added, you might be prompted to add the group again, if this happens, it means Facebook is loading a different website structure for you in your location.
Please, don't add the group again. Instead, open any page other than Facebook, click on the extension icon to see the settings.
If you add the group again, there would be a duplicate group profile on the extension. This would cause confusion and the red button may disappear from your new member request page.
What is the solution?
The solution is to delete both groups and then set up the group profile again
b) You’re not logged into group leads
Group Leads comes in form of Google Chrome extensions, so you need to install it only on Chrome/Firefox and also login into it via the license we sent to you when you signed up.
Before logging in:
If you check the image below, am not logged into the extension, at that point the red Custom Approve All button will not be showing up in my new members' request page because am logged out.
After logging in:
The red button would show up after logging in.
c) Change your Facebook language to English
If you don't see the red custom approve all button and your Facebook language is other than English, it can be the culprit.
To solve the issue, just change your language to English and refresh the new members' request page and you would find it there.
d) Delete the group and then add it again
If you've added a group before now and you edited the group name it might cause the red button not to show up. If you delete the group profile from within the extension and then add it again, then this can resolve the issue.
e) Make sure you’re using Chrome/Firefox browser and you have this green circle on your google profile sync (ONLY if you are on chrome)
Google sync controls all google services for your account. We are making use of Google spreadsheet API, disabling it would mean that you are disabling the google spreadsheet connection for your groups within Group Leads.
Please, turn it on if it’s currently OFF and you will see the red button.
6. When you are seeing the red button but the data is not getting to your Google sheet and or that of your CRM
a) Turn on your Google sync
Please, turn on your google sync if it's OFF.
b) You don't have permission to write on the Sheet
If data is not getting to the sheet, it may be because you are logged in to another email other than the one you used to set up the google sheet.
You can change your google sheet permission to anyone with the link can Editor. Please, follow these steps:
- Open the google sheet that's attached to your group within the Group Leads extension
- Click on the green Share button at the top right corner of the Sheet.
- Change the google sheet option to anyone with the link can editor at 3 on the image.
- Copy the new link into your group profile within Group Leads extension
- Click the Update button.
c) Group Leads Permission
When you verify your Google sheet link, you should get a popup requesting that you give permission to Group Leads.
If you skip this, the extension would be adding data to your email marketing software but it would not be adding data to your Google sheet.
Sometimes, the popup might be behind your Chrome browser, make sure you minimize your browser, then login to google and then click on Allow on the next step.
How do you know if you give permission when you started using the extension?
Just click here and you would get to a page like the image above. Make sure you see Group Leads Icon and text among the list of the app on the page.
If you don't see, that might be the reason Group Leads is not adding data to your Google sheet.
What's the solution:
- Delete the group profile within your Group Leads account.
- Make a copy of the new Google sheet from the provided official spread.
- Paste in the spreadsheet URL into its own column and click verify again
- A popup would come up, just click on the email and then recheck the permission page.
If Group Leads is now among your list of apps, then the issue is resolved.
d) You changed Sheet1 below your Google sheet to another name
You can change 1 to anything you like but you cannot change 2 - which is Sheet1 to other text.
If you change, Sheet1 to any other thing, the data would stop getting added to the Google sheet until you change the text back to Sheet1.
If you tried all the above and Group Leads is still not working, please mail us via support (at) groupleads.net or use the live chat on the right-hand side of the page to start a chat with us.