How to Integrate Group Leads With Email Octopus
I assume you’ve done two things:
- You’ve installed Group Leads and also set up the google sheet for the group you are working on.
- You’ve set up the three questions users would answer while joining your Facebook group.
The last step you need to take is to integrate Group Leads with Email Octopus. Please, follow these steps:
1) Log into your Email Octopus and then click on "Create a List" as shown in the screenshot below.
2) Provide the Name of the list as shown in the screenshot below. Then, click on "Create."
3) At the top of the page in the URL, you'll the underlined alpha-numeric characters that preceded lists.
That's your List ID.
4) Copy that into a note-taking app like NotePad for Windows or TextEdit for Mac.
5) After that, click on the "heart" icon as shown in the screenshot below.
6) Then click on "Integrations & API."
After that, click on "Create."
7) Then click on "Create a Key" as shown in the screenshot below.
8) Now your API key has been created as shown in the screenshot below.
Next is to click on "Copy to clipboard."
9) As you've done for the ListID, also copy and paste the API Key into the note-taking app.
10) Then head over to your Facebook group to click on the Group Leads chrome extension as pointed in the arrow in the screenshot below.
11) Now click on the Facebook Group that you want to configure the autoresponder for.
12) After that, click on "Autoresponder."
Then select your autoresponder for the drop-down labeled 2 in the screenshot below.
Now, click on "Credentials."
13) Then copy your API key and List ID details into the Group Leads dashboard as shown in the screenshot below.
After that, click on Update.
14) Then, click on "Continue."
15) Then click on "Update."
A green confirmation will pop up. This means your integration is successful.
Each time you want to approve new members who want to join your group, you need to follow the instruction here so that your leads would always go into the spreadsheet you’ve set up and the emails would go into Email Octopus autoresponder.